Tuesday, 3 May 2011

What a month!

Two 4-day weekends in a row, the Playstation Network down, me suffering from the flu, the Royal Wedding, and now the news that Osama Bin Ladin is dead! I can barely keep up with the crazyness!

As is the nature of things, like waiting for buses in London they have a habit of arriving all at once! Ironically, its the fact that the PSN is currently down that I was finally able to reclaim some of my free time and do some artwork. Stay tuned for a few gems over the next couple of weeks!

Breaks can be good, but too much of a break is not good for someone like me, because I lose focus so easily. I'm going to have to make a concerted effort to get back on the horse and get back into the working rhythm.

An interesting realisation has come to me over the past couple of months: Professional writing.

I like to write, and have always done a couple of personal projects as a way of getting my ideas down on paper or on the screen. My current work placement has given me the chance to turn my writing skills to a more professional direction, in other words I'm getting paid to write about my interests!

Its not easy though, and I still have a lot to learn, but at least now I know that if the whole Graphics Design thing doesn't work out, I have other avenues for my creative impulses.

Here's hoping some of my outstanding stories will be completed before the end of the year!

No comments: