Wednesday, 12 May 2010

Roy's Lament

It's been about 9 months since I last made a blog entry. I bet you all have been wondering what I've been up to up until now? Let me tell you:

Virtually nothing.

Granted, I've tried to do some more drawings and write some more stories, but my lack of enthusiasm has meant that I don't feel like any of my work is worth uploading.

But then I hear you cry "what have you done instead then?". To put it simply, I've been happily gaming away on my Sony videogame consoles like there's no tomorrow (and for me, it feels like there is no tomorrow).

And when I'm not gaming, I'm thinking. Thinking about my life. Thinking about how miserable I really am, and how my life seems to be wasting away right before my eyes and there's little I can do about it.

Yesterday was my birthday. I am now 29 years old. I don't have a job. I don't have a girlfriend. My family think I'm a loser. I don't have any friends.

To commemorate these facts, I've made a short video which pretty much sums up how I'm feeling. If worse comes to worse, at least I have evidence that I was well aware of my life as it stands. The picture and sound quality aren't great, but it's not important. What is important is what I decide to do from here onwards.

I've never been a fan of birthdays. Too much hassle.

2 comments:

Calinks said...

Haha, I know how you feel man. I graduated last year and have been actively looking for work for 6+ months. Its hard and I have found nothing. Being in your mid 20's and still not having a stable income or career to focus on can be disheartening. I'm also a huge gamer and wish there was some way I could find something that combined my passions and brought me financial success.

I saw a position to be something like a "videogame hyper" basically a part of the job was that you needed to play games, take screen shots, and come up with ways to make them look awesome. It sounded like a dream come true but it was too far from me.

We just got to keep plugging away and explore our options to try and find that niche.

Royston Joseph aka Raijinz said...

Thanks for the support. I think in times like this, guys like us always get the short end of the stick when it comes to looking for work.

The sad thing is to others it seems like you've given up, but if a good opportunity came up to do a job I was genuinely passionate about, I would jump at the chance!

I live in hope that one day that opportunity will present itself.