Monday, 6 April 2009

April Update

It's been a while since I wrote anything on here (for good reason), but I realised it would be pointless to even have this blog if I never added anything new to it. It is as they say, life goes on, and I still have to plod forwards towards an uncerain future yet again.

Interestingly, while I was on the work trial, the jobcentre cancelled my claim because they thought I wasn't signing in with them even though I was, through my new claims adviser! I believe what happened was she didn't inform the guys on the second floor of the jobcentre building (she's on the first floor), and as far as they knew, I hadn't come on for 3 weeks so they just cancelled my claim without checking with me first! Just another nail in my coffin, and a perfect example of the famous phrase "the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing"!

Extra - As of today, it's all been sorted, and I'm back on Job Seekers Allowance. Yay. -_-,

After the whole work placement debacle (for those who don't know that word, it means anything from a mess to a big joke), I have tried to redouble my efforts and analyse where I am as a designer. I've updated my CV, signed up with a couple of Graphic Design recruitment agencies, got some business cards printed (unfortunately with one minor spelling mistake on all 250 of them!), and am doing regular Jobsearch.

I realise it is important to get back on the horse once you've been knocked off, but I can't help feeling that I may have already blown the greatest chance I am likely to get this year, maybe forever.

An interesting side effect of the rejection is that I've recently thrown my anger into creating new artwork. By going back to basics I'm attempting to analyse my work in a more critical way, in order to realise where my art is weak and needs improvement, as well as come up with some new techniques that will make my stuff look awesome and more desireable to fans of my art! It's a long shot, but right now I certainly feel like I have nothing to lose by trying!

The realisation that I just may not be suited to an office job made me look into other avenues of revenue (ways to make money). One of them is taking on artwork commissions, and at some point selling my art on dedecated websites. I've also starting selling stuff on ebay (I've sold one DVD already!). I'm also looking into how I can get people to donate money to me via Paypal. As soon as I do, I'll put them up on my blog and anywhere else where I have an account. Every penny helps!

That's it for now. stay tuned for any updates in the future (and hopefully some good news!). Roy, out.

No comments: