Monday, 27 October 2008

Rocks so hard, it hurts!

Here’s my latest blog update (as Solid Snake would say “kept you waiting, huh?”), and interestingly this time I have some interesting stuff to talk about, instead of just more doom and gloom!


Last Friday was a day of firsts for me. I went to my first live musical event, my first visit to the Royal Albert Hall, my first experience of which I would now consider the legendary Tommy Tallarico and Jack Wall, and most importantly my first experience of Video Games Live, the only concert on the planet that plays famous soundtracks from video games with a live orchestra!


The first time I heard about VGL was when I watched some videos of it on YouTube. Even though they were just videos, I got a shiver down my spine just listening to all my favourite video game tunes! I knew from that point on that I would go to see it the next time it was in London!


I don’t want to go into too much detail about how I got to the Royal Albert Hall right now, but sufficed to say it was one of the most enjoyable experiences in my life so far. The feeling of awe I felt to be in a room full of likeminded individuals cheering and hollering to old classics and new favourites was truly memorable!


Just as a lot of others were doing, I decided to get some video footage as evidence of the evening. I bought a new digital camcorder in order to do so, and (with varying degrees of success) I was able to record some of the best bits, which I will be uploading in the very near future!


Even though things didn’t quite go 100% on the day, I will certainly consider going to Video Games Live in the future! It rocks so hard, it hurts!

No comments: