Monday, 4 August 2008

Work Update

It's been a bit of a while since the last update, so let me just fill you in a bit about my current situation:

I'm still at my current job, only this time it's part time. I get 2 extra days a week to myself, which means I have more time to sort my life out (or in this case, lounge aroound at home watching Anime and playing Video Games!)

I had hoped that this new arangement would mean I'd be a lot less stressed out about work, because I have someone else filling in for me while I'm away (not the girl with the pink hair, she left a while ago). Unfortunately, that's just not the way it's turning out.

My line manager still has a habit of calling me on my days off to bother me about work-related crap I don't care about, which makes me all stressed again by the time I get back to work later on in the week. When I AM there, everyone acts like I'm still full time and piles in the work onto me. This wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that I have LESS TIME to do everything, plus I can't use my machine because the other person is sitting at my desk!

Don't get me wrong, I kinda like that everyone still needs me, but I was hoping that the new guy would take the brunt of the work, leaaving me free to pursue my own interests. I suppose it's only been a month so far, so I guess I should just give it more time to sink in. In the mean time, I need to focus more on my own situation, and try and find a new job somewhere...

No comments: