Thursday, 27 March 2008

Streets of Rage: Love Triangle series - Ep10 Part 7

Streets of Rage: Love Triangle series - Episode 10 Part 7

Time is a truly fickle thing. There are times when Time can seem to go on forever, especially when we don’t want it to. On the other times when Time seems more than happy to abandon us when we need it the most. Today was one of those days for Blaze.

With barely an ounce of strength left in her body, and a monstrous, cruel woman on the brink of killing Becky, Blaze had pretty much run out of options. Except one.

Raiken: You may have busted up one of my legs, but I still have more than enough speed to get to her before you do! And if I get to her first, it’ll be all over but the crying!

Blaze: WAIT!! J-Just hold on a second!

Raiken: What? You wanna talk just so you can buy more time for your friend? You MUST be desperate!

Blaze: You said it was an accident!

Raiken paused for a moment, the twisted smile faded.

Raiken: What are you trying to pull?

Blaze: Tell me why you think the death of your opponent was an accident!

Raiken: It WAS an accident! There was no way I would’ve killed him on purpose!

Blaze: You mean the “Masked Typhoon”? They say you and him were…close.

Raiken: ……Everyone else saw me as a monster. That was what my character was supposed to be. The crowd would boo, and I would love it……well……at least for a while. Over time, you get tired of playing the bad guy every night.

Blaze: You wanted a change?

Raiken: I wanted the chance to get cheers from the fans instead of boos, but the execs wouldn’t have it. They said it would ruin their image to have someone like me as a champion.

Blaze: You must’ve been frustrated.

Raiken: You damn right I was frustrated!! They didn’t even give it any consideration! All they cared about was their ratings and profit margins! I lashed out in the only way I knew best.
Blaze: You mean hurting your opponents?

Raiken: Heh! I was gonna make ‘em pay for ignoring me by working my way through the locker room roster! They’d end up with no one left to perform in the ring each night. No one was gonna stand in my way! No one……except him.

Blaze: Masked Typhoon?

Raiken: He was different. Where everyone else would just cower in my presence, he stood up to me. I’m not afraid to say it, he was magnificent! When I was around him, my inner fire didn’t burn from rage, but from passion! Where everyone else saw a crazed beast, he saw a proud and noble warrior. To him, I was his equal! He had a nice ass too!

Blaze: Wow! You…must’ve really liked him.

Raiken: With him, I could be more like myself. I may not look it, but I don’t really like hurting others that much. I’m just good at what I do, maybe too good. Time passed, and before I knew it, I had a match against him. I told him I didn’t wanna hurt him, but he said:

Let’s give everyone a match that they’ll never forget! We can show the whole world the beauty of pure combat!

Blaze: How could you refuse?

Raiken: I wish I had. Our match truly was one of the greatest of all time. The crowd were really cheering us both on. I can honestly say that was the happiest day of my life……and the saddest.

Blaze: The accident.

Raiken: I was delivering a German Suplex to him when I slipped. I got up to see if he was alright, and looked on in horror as I realised I had snapped his neck. Right then, at that very moment my professional career, and my life was over.

Blaze: That’s terrible!

Raiken: They always said I was likely to kill someone with my unrefined technique. I was always getting complaints from other wrestlers about my sloppy skills. I just never thought I’d end up killing the man I loved because of it. After that, the only people that would allow me to fight for money were the underground fight clubs. The only place I could take out my frustration at my own stupidity was by hurting others. I was resigned to my fate, but my only regret was that I’ve never had as good a match as I did when I fought him.

Raiken turned to look directly at Blaze.

Raiken: Until now!

While Raiken had been talking about herself, Blaze had slowly moved herself so that she was standing directly between her and Becky. Becky had managed to get to her feet, but was still dazed and was leaning against the vat of acid.

Raiken: I hope you enjoyed my life story, because now I’m gonna end yours!

Blaze: Well you don’t have to do that, do you? You just said you don’t like hurting people!

Raiken: If you were listening, you would’ve also heard me say I use hurting others as a way to make me feel better about myself. Right now, I ain’t feeling to good!

Blaze: ……have you ever thought of going to a therapist?

Raiken: Yes. I killed every one.

Blaze: Ahh. I guess you’re the kind of person who doesn’t like to be told “It’s your fault”.

Raiken: Pretty much!

Raiken shrugged her shoulders and raised her hands in a “that’s the way it is” kind of way, then immediately charged at Blaze!

Blaze leapt backwards as fast as she could. All she could see in front of her was Raiken’s large frame edging closer and closer to her as she dashed backwards. The next move Blaze would be the most crucial.

As Becky tried to recover, she could see two blurry objects travelling towards her VERY quickly. She tried to move out of the way, but her legs felt like jelly. She sensed that something very bad was about to happen, but was powerless to do anything about it!

Raiken was quickly closing in on Blaze and Becky. She could taste victory! As soon as Blaze could feel Becky behind her, she shoved her out of the way. She barely dodged out of the way herself as Raiken’s fist passed barely a centimetre from her face! As the whole situation seemed to play out in slow motion, Blaze watched Raiken’s arm pass her and plow right through the side of the huge vat of acid behind them!

Raiken: Wh…What the?! How did you dodge my…ow…OWW…AHHHHH!!!

Becky: Oh god! Her arm! It must be the acid!

Blaze: Raiken! Are you alright?!

Raiken was overcome with the searing pain shooting through her body as the acid started to eat away at her hand!

Raiken: I…I can’t MOVE! I can’t get my arm free!

Blaze: Don’t move! You’ll only make it worse!

Raiken: How can I make it any WORSE?! AHHHH!! What the hell were those idiots thinking?!

Becky: Blaze! Now’s our chance! Let’s get out of here!

Blaze looked at Becky, then turned to see the mighty Raiken cowering in pain and desperately trying to remove her arm. Tears were running down her face, and there was a genuine look of fear in her eyes.

Blaze: Becky. I want you to go and help the others.

Becky: What about you?

Blaze: I’m staying here.

Becky: Why?! Have you forgotten this crazy B**** tried to kill us?!

Blaze: Becky! Don’t argue with me! Do as I tell you and get away from here!

Becky: B-But Blaze!

Blaze: Just GO!!

Becky hesitated for a moment, looking at Blaze and Raiken, then turned to run for the exit.

Becky: Don’t worry Blaze! I’ll go and get the others!

Blaze: Just get the hell outta here!

Becky: Don’t you DARE die on me Blaze! I won’t forgive you if you do!

Raiken: So is that how it is now, eh?

Blaze: What are you talking about?

Raiken: Am I so pathetic that you feel like you have to help me?

Blaze: You’re not pathetic! Now shut up while I think of something!

Raiken: ……

////////////////////////////////////

Outside, things had taken a turn for the worse. During the fight between Shiva, Axel and Max, Bowman had been inspecting the remains of his creation, the giant robot “Grand Crusher”. His plan had been to extract the data module from the machine’s chest, but his fiddling caused the monster to unexpectedly spring to life! Small bolts of electricity sparked across it’s damaged body.

Bowman: What the? I thought they had deactivated you, but it seems you’re much tougher than that, aren’t you my beauty?

Grand Crusher: *turns to look at Bowman*……

Bowman: Huh? What’s wrong? Don’t you recognise me?

G.C: ……*eyes glow red*

Bowman: …? Why are you looking at me like that? I’m your master, damn it! You will obey me!!

With that outburst, the giant mech slowly stumbled towards Bowman. Bowman quickly realised that something was wrong, and reached into his jacket pocket to pull out a remote controller. He was about to aim it at the Crusher to try to deactivate it when the controller was knocked out of his hand by a swipe of the robot’s giant arm. The Crusher then knocked Bowman to the floor and placed it’s foot on him, pinning him in place!

Bowman: Ahhhh! Let me go! I made you, damn it! Please! I beg you! You don’t know what you’re doing! SHIVA!! HELP ME!!

The Crusher looked down at it’s creator with an almost human distain. With one final act, the mechanical monster crushed Bowman underfoot, leaving a bloody mess in its wake!

Just as Axel, Max and Shiva had finished up their fight, the Crusher opened its mouth to reveal a particle laser cannon. Seeing what it perceives to be enemies, it chooses to attack. It’s mouth draws in small red particles into it’s mouth, then spits them out in a focussed laser beam that incinerates everything it touches!

Becky arrives to see the chaos that has developed in her absence. The thugs that had recovered from the previous fight were running round manically, trying not to get killed. She then saw Axel, Max and Shiva desperately trying to subdue the cybernetic monster.

Becky: Max! What’s happening?

Max: Becky?! Oh thank goodness you’re safe! Where’s Blaze?

Becky: She’s tied up with someone we met inside. I think she might need a little help!

Max: Join the club! We managed to beat this thing before, but now it’s come back, and is crazier than before! Look out!

Max quickly moved him and Becky out of the way of another laser attack, while Axel and Shiva battled onward.

Becky: Where’s Skate and Adam?

Max: Skate got injured when we stopped the robot before with electricity.

Becky: Can’t you do it again?

Max: I don’t think so. Right now, we’re completely out of ideas!

Becky paused for a moment.

Becky: What about acid?

Max: Huh?

Becky: Have an Idea! We need to get Axel’s attention!

Max: That could be a bit tricky. He has his hands full right now.

Becky: Right! Okay then, just follow my lead!

Becky and Max then ran right by Axel and Shiva towards a nearby stack of boxes. Axel saw what was happening, and followed, leaving Shiva to fend for himself!

Axel: Becky! Am I glad to see you!

Becky: Yeah, me too. Well have to save our reunion for later though, I have a plan to bust up that robot over there!

Axel: You do? Well that’s more than what I got. Spill it.

Becky: Inside the warehouse is a giant vat of acid.

Max: Where the heck did that come from?

Becky: It was probably part of their master plan. Anyway, all we need to do is lure that thing into ramming the vat with its body. That should be enough to melt it down into scrap in no time!

Axel: Okay, do it. We’d better be careful though, that is fast for its size.

Becky: Right! On three! One, two…

Before the team could count to three, a stray laser beam passed over the boxes they had been hiding behind. There was an almighty explosion, leaving debris crashing down all over the place. It seemed that the Streets of Rage team had not been quick enough to act before they had been obliterated by the killer robot. All their efforts had been in vain…

GAME OVER


……Continue?

No comments: