Thursday, 27 March 2008

Monty Oum - CG Martial Arts Master!

Monty Oum is a one-man CG video martial arts master. His work is, without a doubt the most awesome work I've ever seen.

The kind of stories I write and the artwork I draw are only an indication of the kind of action I like to portray, and his videos are so far the best representation of that ideal.

As an avid fan of martial arts and CG movies (I loved Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children!), Monty Oum's work stands out because, despite his "low tech" approach to the creation of his movies, there is an undeniably powerful vision within each one. In other words, If I were to make a movie, it would be a lot like his work!

He is by no means an expert (he even says so himself), but the choreography in his vids more than make up for the visual quality. I am not exaggerating when I say You will be blown away by how awesome his stuff is! I challenge you not to want to watch each one again after you've already seen it once!

These links are to his current series "Dead Fantasy", which is a kind of fanboy dream match between the girls of Dead or Alive vs the girls of Final Fantasy.

(Part 1) http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/115884.html

(Part 2) http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/193489.html?playlist=featured

Let me know what you think, I hope you enjoy them as mush as I did the first time I saw them! ^_^

2 comments:

VinnyLT said...

It is quite inspiring. He has some rock solid camera moves and hardcore choreography. i wonder if her knows martial arts? am i right or what?
-VinnyLT

Royston Joseph aka Raijinz said...

As far as I know, he's a fan of John Woo, the Matrix Trilogy (like me) and other martial arts movies.

You should check out his recent videos on Gametrailers.com when you have then chance. They are awesome!