Thursday, 22 November 2007

YATTA!!

Last night was more or less a good night for me. I watched an AWESOME episode of Heroes last night, I downloaded the soundtrack to Ace Combat 6 (totally awesome x2!), and England are out of the running for Euro 2008 (Totally awesome x10! ^_^).



It may sound quite un-patriotic to commend England's departure, but I just don't care. I've never been that much into football, and the one thing I hate more than watching English football, is listening to English football fans blab on about how good they think England are.



Which they're not. Just accept the truth and get on with your lives.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

There's nothing I like more than a good time-traveling story, and last night's episode of Heroes on BBC 2 was one of the best I've seen! I can't POSSIBLY reveal the plot, because it's just THAT awesome. Hell why am I having to say that? You should already know just how awesome Heroes is! After all, it's got Masi Oka in it, damn it! I would even be so bold to wager that it's even better than LOST! *prepares anti-flame shield*

You just can't beat a show about regular people with super-powers. Go and watch it, NAO!!>_<

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I've always been a fan of the Ace Combat series since the first game on the Playstation One. It gave me the chance to do what previously only PC gamers had the luxury of doing, flying real-life fighter planes. I became familiar with such famous jets as the F14 Tomcat, the F15 Strike Eagle, the Mig 29 and SU 27, Eurofighter, and the F22 Raptor. I came to know these guys as well as I know such real-life cars as the Nissan GT-R, the Mitsubishi Lancer or the Subaru Impreza.

The games themselves grew from strength to strength, giving higher degrees of advanced and awesome Dogfighting (aerial) combat. With it's easy controls and high paced action, I was totally hooked! One other thing that stood out for me was the music. Although it can be initially written off as nothing more than "Top Gun Music", the evolution of the soundtracks for this series has been as dynamic as any of Namco's other IPs, like Ridge Racer or Tekken.

The soundtrack for Ace Combat 6 is a good example. It combines more dramatic orchestral themes with funkier electronic beats, and even combines the two to produce a truly fresh and original feel. If only I could find more commercial stuff like this!

In the mean time, I'm gonna keep listening to these cool tunes, that never fail to get me all fired up for action!

No comments: