Friday, 9 November 2007

The Last Straw! >_<

If you've been following my exploits up to this point (and I sincerely hope you have!), you will know that I hate my job. With. A. Passion.

This morning was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. I've found out that I have to start coming in 30 minutes earlier than usual AND I have to attend a crappy meeting at the start of the day.

I had to commute with poxy schoolkids that make too much noise, and show an utter disregard for others around them. To make matters worse, when I finally got to work to attend this so-called "Meeting", it only lasted about 3 minutes, and was about stuff that has nothing to do with me!

I've put up with a lot of stuff in my time, but it seem that little by little, my tolerance towards the stuff they keep doing to me has gotten shorter and shorter. Right now, I'm about at the end of my tether. I've been poked and prodded, pushed and shoved, analysed and scrutinised until my face has gone blue (not literally, of course).

I have almost no privacy to work on my own projects (which officially, I'm not supposed to do, but when you have as much free time as I have, you have to do something!), and I'm constantly bothered by idiot work colleagues about stupid problems that don't matter, and I don't care about. Sounds pretty bitter, don't it?

I have applied to a few job vacancies in the past, but so far I haven't even received a letter or job interview in return, which as a result has put me off applying for more jobs for some time. I fear though that I may have to just bite the bullet and keep trying if I want to get any progress.

The scary thing is, right now, I'm in a very good position. I've got money coming in (what little there is), and I can buy all the things I like without a second thought. The problem is, I don't think it's going to stay that way forever. I won't go into too much detail, but prices are going up, and I'm finding myself having to contribute more and more of my salary just to keep a roof over my head. The dream is slowly starting to fade.

On the whole, I maybe contented with what I have at the moment, but I'm not happy. The only way I'm gonna be able to make myself any happier is to make that big step and jump ship. Unfortunately, if anything goes wrong, I'd end up even more unhappy than I am now.

It's a big sacrifice to make. It took me a long time to even get the job that I have now. I'm not sure I could go through the stress and uncertainty that comes with trying to get a new job again.

No comments: