Tuesday, 18 September 2007

Why does eveybody leave me?

Times are hard at my work right now. A ton of employees are leaving for various reasons, but I can definately attest th the fact that most are leaving because my boss is a douche-bag. He really doesn't give a toss what happens to you, just as long as you do as you're told and keep your mouth shut about the kind of things going on around you.

You have 2 options: Put up and shut up, or you can leave, and my boss will find someone else to take your place, even if they can't do your job half as good as you can.

Fortunately, I've always been very good at that sort of thing, but others are not as accomodating. Hence the mass exodus.

I would say that, out of the total number of employees that work there, about 80% are leaving or have already left. This equates to a lot of leaving parties at the end of the week, and a lot of empty desks at the beginning of the following week. I don't consider myself to be a professional businessman, but to me an 80% employee leaving rate is not very good for company morale. I could be wrong, but I just don't think so. >_<

Quite frankly, I want to join them, but I haven't had much luck finding other work. This leaves me with no option but to stay put until I do. I just don't have anything else to fall back on at the moment. But make no mistake, as soon as I DO find a new job, that will be it for me! I will leave, and NEVER come back. To do so would, for me feel like admitting defeat, and I'm just not willing to do that.

No comments: