Thursday, 16 August 2007

The ties that bind us

A pic of me and my new Polish friend, Sylwia!
A pic of Sylwia and my Japanese friend Tetsuo. Gotta Love that hat! ^_^

These days, I'm much happier than I was when I was younger, because I am making friends and meeting new people. More importantly, I am making sure that I keep in contact with the people that I have met over the last year via email.

Because I have a hard time making new friends, I find it very important to stay in touch with the people that I have created a bond with in one way or another. This gives me reason to live life to the fullest and share my experiences with others. This is probably one of the defining factors of being a human being, which is funny because it's taken me so long to realise that fact!

We are all the sum of our experiences, but I haven't experienced that much of life. I'm trying to rectify that problem by going to places that interest me and talking to people who have similar interests as I do. I've recently been talking to some cool Japanese guys (I think I mentioned about them in my blog before), and trying to learn a little Japanese along the way.

It's great because in some ways, I am able to connect with them more as I'm learning their language, which is exactly what I was hoping would happen! I would holeheartedly encourage anyone who wants to make friends and meet new people, to think about learning a new language. It can be tough, but the rewards are more than worth it!
Update: This is a vid of Sylwia playing around with the camera on my phone. I'm sure you'll all agree from what little you see of her in it, she's very cute! Try if you can to ignore my stupid face in this vid! >_<

No comments: